Students design our future
What’s the Next Big Shift? From bike share programs to online paperless banking, almost overnight, innovations are changing how we shop, commute, learn, access entertainment, and connect with others. These big shifts have had local, regional, even global reach.
WWF is calling for all eyes on accelerating change that will protect and restore our planet at the annual Designing Change for a Living Planet competition on Saturday March 16, 2019. We are inviting students from Ontario colleges and universities to WWF’s Toronto office to design and pitch their ideas to launch the next big shift in our daily lives.
How it works
Ontario students from all academic disciplines were invited to apply to join professionals from different industries at the WWF Toronto office on Saturday March 16 to create and share their ideas on how to build a sustainable future.
Drawing inspiration from the everyday and each student’s unique academic background, participants will have the opportunity to:
- Represent their campus
- Create and innovate at WWF with their campus team of four students
- Connect with other post-secondary students and staff
- Develop new contacts with professionals from different industries
- Present concepts to WWF staff and a panel of expert judges
- Compete for a $1200 team prize and a one-on-one mentoring opportunity with an industry professional in a sector area of their choice
The application period for this year’s event has closed. Students who are selected to represent their campus will be notified in early March. Please stay tuned to hear more about this year’s event and how you can get involved in Designing Change for a Living Planet next year.